Friday, November 9, 2012

Reading Buddies

Stuck on a word? In class and in reading groups, we have been discussing different strategies for decoding unknown words.  So far we have focused on S-t-r-e-t-c-h-y Snake, Chunky Monkey and Eagle Eye.  Have your child practice using these reading buddies while you read at home.

 
Remember, never let the word win!
 
 
 
As some of you may have heard, I have been without my computer this week.  It has a virus and has been under the weather, maybe the hurricane and snow got to it.  Needless to say, I have felt quite lost without it.  We spent one whole day without the Smartboard.  I even did my phonics lesson on the whiteboard.  So I need to end this post with a huge THANK YOU to my Mom (an avid Klipfel & Kids follower) for allowing us in first grade to enter back into the 21st century and borrow her computer for a few days.  Fingers and toes crossed that my computer is back up and running soon.
 

1 comment:

  1. Miss Klipfel you are more than welcome to borrow my laptop. I am thrilled that I could help keep your first graders in the 21st century. It really is hard to be without a computer these days.
    Love, Mom
    (an avid Klipfel & Kids Follower)

    ReplyDelete