Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Pen Pals

A very special part of being in our 4th grade literacy classroom is having a penpal! This school year, Mrs. Kelleher's 4th graders in Topsfield, MA, and my homeroom class will get to know each other through letters. Mrs. Highgas and Mrs. Maxwell's 4th graders will be pen pals with my afternoon literacy class (Mr. Husson's homeroom). Topsfield teachers and I are excited to bring penpal letters to our classrooms as a way to connect our Tri-Town schools. In a few years these groups of 4th graders will be at MASCO together. We were the first to send off letters introducing ourselves to our penpals.
Our letters were finally signed, sealed and ready to deliver today. We walked them down to the mailboxes and off they went.
We will be anxiously checking the mail and waiting to hear back. There is still something to be said about the good old fashioned snail mail.

1 comment:

  1. I loved working on our pen-pal letters. It was so much fun doing it, I loved reading my pen-pal letter from Sydnee. I can't wait to do more with the pen-pal stuff.

    ReplyDelete